Toronto @ Sacramento
Current Records: Toronto 21-27; Sacramento 27-19
What to Know
This Wednesday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.7 points per game. They have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Toronto Raptors at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 25 at Golden 1 Center. Keep an eye on the score for this one: both teams posted some lofty points totals in their previous games, so things might heat up even more when they meet Wednesday.
The Memphis Grizzlies typically have all the answers at home, but on Monday Sacramento proved too difficult a challenge. The Kings steamrolled past Memphis 133-100 at home. Sacramento’s center Trey Lyles looked sharp as he shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 24 points and seven boards. Lyles hadn’t helped his team much against the Philadelphia 76ers this past Saturday, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Lyles’ points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, Toronto picked up a 125-116 win over the New York Knicks on Sunday. Toronto relied on the efforts of point guard Fred VanVleet, who had 28 points, and small forward Scottie Barnes, who had 19 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
The Kings are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Charlotte Hornets Dec. 19 easily too and instead slipped up with a 125-119. In other words, don’t count the Raptors out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center — Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.77
The Kings are a 3.5-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Kings as a 4-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Toronto have won nine out of their last 15 games against Sacramento.
- Dec 14, 2022 – Sacramento 124 vs. Toronto 123
- Dec 13, 2021 – Toronto 124 vs. Sacramento 101
- Nov 19, 2021 – Toronto 108 vs. Sacramento 89
- Jan 29, 2021 – Sacramento 126 vs. Toronto 124
- Jan 08, 2021 – Toronto 144 vs. Sacramento 123
- Mar 08, 2020 – Toronto 118 vs. Sacramento 113
- Nov 06, 2019 – Toronto 124 vs. Sacramento 120
- Jan 22, 2019 – Toronto 120 vs. Sacramento 105
- Nov 07, 2018 – Toronto 114 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 17, 2017 – Toronto 108 vs. Sacramento 93
- Dec 10, 2017 – Toronto 102 vs. Sacramento 87
- Nov 20, 2016 – Sacramento 102 vs. Toronto 99
- Nov 06, 2016 – Sacramento 96 vs. Toronto 91
- Dec 20, 2015 – Sacramento 104 vs. Toronto 94
- Nov 15, 2015 – Sacramento 107 vs. Toronto 101